Sunday, October 6, 2013

Lauryn Hill Released From Prison


lauryn Hill is officially a free woman.
As scheduled, Hill was released from the Federal Correctional Institution in Danbury, Conn., sometime Friday (Oct. 4), according to information posted on the Federal Bureau of Prisons website
Hill pleaded guilty to tax evasion late last year and was sentenced to three months in July. Before she went in, the ex-Fugee paid off over $900,000 of the debt stemming from $1.8 million in income she earned between 2005-2007.
At a hearing in May, Hill refused responsibility for the tax troubles, stating, "I was put in a system I didn't know the nature of. I'm a child of former slaves. I got into an economic paradigm and had that imposed on me.
"I sold 50 million units," she added. "Now I'm up here paying tax debt. If that's not slavery, I don't know what is."
Prior to her release, the mother of six dropped the new track "Consumerism" and is working on a new album titled Letters From Exile.
BET.com is your #1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.

No comments:

Post a Comment